Love you Zodiac


Zodiac (2001 - 2008)
When i first saw him he was about 4 weeks old, living in a cardboard box and had his own Urine and feces drying in his hair. His soft white hair was a dirty yellow color and when ever some one approached him he used to cower and whimper. He was from the last litter of two black Poms my friend had and he had been taken by two kids who were finding it difficult to care for him. So they put him in a box and forgot about him when my friend heard this she wanted to give him to some one else and asked if i could just take him in for a "Few Days". my friend drove my bike and i cradled him all the way to my house which was at the other end of town on the out skirts we took him to college and he was so small and furry and cuddly that in spite of his dirty state every one wanted to play with him . he whimpered through out the entire ride home and was really scared. the moment we got home he took two steps in his rolling gait and promptly squatted down to pee on my mom freshly cleaned and shinning marble floor.

the few days turned into months and few pee spots became chewed chair legs, destroyed Sandals, torn bed covers and pillows, but in spite of all that he squirmed his way into all our hearts. he took an instant liking to my mom, and promptly anointed her as his personal guardian and him as her only child. i remember once my mom was sitting on the steps and my brother was lying in her lap and Zodiac got into moms lap and tried to push him away. Mom was his and only his. he was so cowardly but if u threaten mom or say "Meri Mummy" he will go ballistic. and he was peace loving, no argument with raised voices could happen in our house because Zodiac would get in between and scold every one for fighting. or arguing. if all of us were leaving home he would be very sad and would go and sit in a corner and look at every one very sadly.

he would follow mom every where and once, while following her, got his leg caught up in some metal stairs and before any one could do any thing he tried to jump breaking his right hind leg. he loved my mom so much that he wouldn't eat if she hadn't served him food and he was always there if i was in a bad mood, he would sit there patiently or walk with me while i ranted about the world. he was always so patients with my sisters kids who adored him enuff to sit around and feed him by hand and play with him.

once when he was about 6 months old, he chewed on my brothers new Nike Sandals and when my brother got angry he crawled under the bed in fear into 3 inches of space. he used to do it earlier too when he was smaller but he hadnt been able to do that in quiet some time but this time in fear he crawled under and a little later started to cry when he couldnt get out. Ultimately me and my brother ahd to lift the bed to help him get out.

He had been sick for the past few days, and a couple of days ago stopped eating we tried every thing we and modern Vet medicine was capable of and fed him through tubes but he left us all today afternoon, I am not going to be able to go see him but he will always be with me.

I will Miss you A lot Zodiac. little fellow, love u lots.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

would have said...may he rest in peace...but knowing zodiac for that one afternoon...i know that would be enuff....so no matter where he is ... i hope ... may he keep on trotting about...and giving that 10000000000watt smile that he had

Anonymous said...

You know, my Tuffy also Died.. but the point is..Zodiac was blessed! He had your family to take care of him.

He lived a blessed life, and you are blessed soul because you and your family gave him shelter.

I am so sorry to hear this, I can feel the pain.. I felt it when my Tuffy boy died! He will remain in my heart forever..he was so cute!

reminds me that- no matter how bad we do, if we could manage one good thing, that will remain when we leave here!!

--xh-- said...

i know how sad and down u where that day.. *hugs*

Somu said...

Well haven't seen Zodiac....But can realize the deep attachment you have with him. He is alive in your heart. He made his mark. He too is watching & loving you from the paradise he has gone to.

Meghna said...

May Lord bles his great soul! You were lucky to have him but he was even luckier to belong to your family! *hug for him*

Shaveta said...

hey zodiac.... we met many times and even though i have always been scared with the other pet dogs.. but u were different... was always comfortable without any fear... the heaven is lucky that they have got u with them... but i envy them coz me is going to miss u here... love ya zodiac!!!

Varsha said...

awwww...
i love dogs! may zodiac r.i.p

the pic is soo cute, my friend has a pom mixed with a samoyed.

vagabond dreamer said...

thanx for all those loving for comments. those who knew zodiac he would know he would have done back flips after reading them
and those who dont im sure you would ahve loved them