Good things in life….

Someone I had been very good friends with in school died on 30th March and it made me sad, and reminded me again that life can be a very disloyal companion, but It's not the people it's the moments. This is dedicated to him. There are a few people who have made my life worthwhile and worth living.

  1. Cycling to school in the rain.
  2. Running in the rain, oh and football in the rain too.Dancing in the rain. I was never good at dancing but in the rain who notices
  3. Chicken Run with leena,
  4. The old house we lived in had a small depression, which when filled with water would create a pool about three feet deep. I and my sisters used it as a pool, some of the best days of my life.
  5. Returning home from school racing against each other through the railway colony stunting on our bicycles.
  6. NLU campus lawns, one April morning, parathas from Chamunda and two liters of Pepsi and some very teary and funny goodbyes.
  7. A case of beer, Kaylana lake and my best school buddies.
  8. Dinner on top of Merangarh Fort with the boys.
  9. Jaswanthada some friends and a big bag of Popcorn and peanuts.
  10. Driving through southern Rajasthan in the middle of the night with Daughtry belting on the CD player with my cute cousin and brother curled up in the back seat of the Accord.
  11. Aunt's Gajar ka Halwa on a winter evening.
  12. Rainy night with my sisters and mom's plate of pakoras.
  13. The first time I saw Top Gun, a pimply teenager's epitome of raging male hormones and superheroes all rolled into one.
  14. The first time I saw Pretty Woman and fell in love with Julia Roberts.
  15. Chai at three in the morning at Chamunda.
  16. Lots of Cold Drink, two in the night, Lost Boys and an abandoned bus stop.
  17. Deeps and I, a pre historic archeological dig site, and an Indian summer sunset.
  18. Second year freshers on NLU campus.
  19. Performing to Dr. Albans "its my life" in the Tenth grade at the School Anniversary, dressed as pirates.
  20. High School romances.
  21. District Football matches against BJS High School. We got kicked more than the ball.
  22. Shopping on the Colaba cause way with Deepti, every time. Oh and the ferry ride too
  23. Riding to Osian with friends.
  24. Hunting for Booze on the 15th of August, 2006 from 2am in the morning to 7am with my two best buddies and not finding any.
  25. New year 2006 With Moose, Breeda, Claire and Shaheen.
  26. New year2007 with Vineet, MK and later with Mini.
  27. Driving down from Delhi to Jaipur, in a big Innova
  28. Midnight chats across continents with Sunshine, Doctor and Melody.
  29. Maggie with mad Vikki, in the middle of the night.
  30. School fairs with my sister when we were all in school, and my most immediate worry was who to con for my next ice cream.
  31. One Monsoon season, it rained Fishes, real fishes no kidding, and we caught them and put them in bottles and made an aquarium.
  32. Summer Holidays in Kerala all of them.
  33. Midnight dinner for four at Velankanni beach and fresh sea food.
  34. Sleeping under the stars, with my cousins on the beach behind my aunts house.
  35. DJing at a Anil's Birthday party.
  36. First Year Graduation Picnic.
  37. Shweta's Birthdays, all of them.
  38. Shopping with Shavi, on C Road.
  39. Putting Aditya and Elishya to Sleep.
  40. There are lots and lots of memories that should have gone on this list, and the ones that are there are not in any specific order, but they were the ones that will tell those people who made them possible how much these memories meant to me. thanx a lot guys, Nilanshus death made me realise after a long time that life could be very fickle so i dont want to go with out saying thanx
  41. Deepti, Sakshi, mudassir, Raj, Shweta, Stuti, bhishm, anuj, shival, vineet, aditi, pushpa, kavita, deepti c, vineeta, moose, Shvaeta, surya, leena thanx a ton guys

3 comments:

Unknown said...

May more such pleasant memories happen in ur future....

Anonymous said...

made me teary-eyed.

why is it tat..wen we lose something or smeone.. do we rememebr our lives...are for living!

Anonymous said...

and for loving...

this was a beautiful post