Open Letter to HP/Compaq



I bought a laptop V3000 series AMD 64 X2 processor, December 2006. I had a Compaq desktop before that for three years and was very happy with the performance of the system and hence when I saw the laptop I really liked the design the spec list and I bought it.

But within 2 months of purchase the DVD driver conked out I had it replaced then the TFT showed dust particles inside the frame in the bottom half of the screen, it also was replaced then the DVD driver conked out again which was patched together by the service agent. Then the motherboard gave up the ghost in June it was replaced in July in Bangalore. It worked fine for a few months then the DVD drive started acting up again. But when it was taken for service it was fine a small bend in the Metal jacket of the drive meant that it didn’t properly align with its socket and it was again patched up and given back to me. Then in December the Mother board Conked out again. It was promptly replaced and barely in time as it was the last day of my warranty period. Its January 22 2008 today and my Laptop is back in HP service center, with a crashed motherboard.

A year back I was recommending the laptop to everyone I knew and today I would steer clear of talking to HP Compaq for a new purchase. I was so proud of the system it had really good specs for my budget and I had bought the laptop with my own money so it was all the more satisfying. But now I wonder sometimes if it was the right decision may be a Lenovo or a Think Pad or even may be a acer, or a HCl system would have been better. May be brand loyalty isn’t what it purports to be.

I free Lance as a graphics designer, I can’t afford to run to the service center every time my laptop doesn’t feel like working. This is an open letter to Hp Compaq to try and rectify the problem as soon as possible. And please put more dedication into your products.

Shanu S John

4 comments:

Meghna said...

Hi Shanu,
A great advice for them. Hope they do pay heed. i've heard some of my adult friends too complaining about their laptops. Hope it all get reparied soon :D

Shruti said...

hi.. my first visit here.. came here through ur orkut :-) ..about this post.. I'm sure this is not the only medium u used to talk to the laptop fellows.. u must've written to them, right? So.. did they have the courtesy to get back to u?

Puthali said...

Oh thts a sad case indeed...r ur problems resolved now? 'm not sure how this works, but can't one ask for complete replacement, a new laptop?

Anonymous said...

if i am not wrong, you bought the laptop in dec 2006, not 07....