i read a new year blog by a fellow blogger named Smriti. and it set me thinking about my new year celebrations over the years. Well most of the new year parties were spent with my family some with friends and some with cousins. but two stand out. two years back i was in the deepest shit any one could imagine. life was crappy, every thing that could go wrong had gone wrong or was progressively going down the drain, well 2005 was ending and the year had been shitty, the only high point was my birthday party and the internship in bombay Local trains and all. that should tell you how bad the year was. i mean dont get me wrong the intership was good the company was good to me and i really made some really nice friends but the comute was a bitch. so i had pretty much resigned my self to the fact that my life had gone down the fox hole and i could never ever get it back, infact i didnt think i wanted it back. so i was brooding in my room, didnt want to go home even and then moose came along, asking me what plans i had.well i told him the truth i had no plans, our town was, well is a small one and there are only a few noteable parties and one was at a place called On The Rocks, and he said he had a friend who could get us in, no girls no dates just us guys. well with a lot of reluctance and a ton of misgivings i gave in to his insistance and off we went. we waited for about one hour for Moose's friends to show up and they didn't so i knew the night was going the way like the rest of the year and was resigned to home finally that he had dragged me out of campus. though i wasn't thrilled about the fact that id have to face my parents after i'd blown them off earlier that evening.

But Moose wasn't going to give up and neither was he going to let me give up and we waited another fifteen minutes, when one of our friends showed up, and we decided to get our own tickets and finally go in, so we went in got our complimentary drinks got a table in a corner and sat and chatted for a while when our friend joined us, three tables down there was a trio of ladies, one Indian and two foreigners, and well they were real cute looking, and Moose and Jassi wanted to dance but as usual they wanted me to front the operation, so i got up with the two hulklings flanking me, i walked upto their table and the moment i look around hulkling one was still at our table and hadn't moved and hulkling two was at the buffet table, well i asked Claire to dance and stated that my mates would like to ask Shaheen and Breeda to dance too well we danced they joined us for dinner later and we brought in 2006 with them, it was fun we went home and found out that even though i had said i wasnt coming home earlier that evening, dad had got vodka for me and mom had kept food out for both of us, the next day was sunday we met those guys at church again in the morning it was a good new years, it wasn't good because we picked up Foreigners, or we had fun with some really awesome girls, it was good because i realized no matter how bad things were good friends will always be around to help u out, push you around or even bug you when your down, they will never let you be alone, second no matter how bad things are and how bad you've been your family will still be around.

the second memorable one was last year, well now the year before last, end of 2006 i had had a good year i was straightening my life out my friends had helped me a lot and i did not want to spend the new years with any one else but people i held really close to me and for some reason or the other most of them including mom and dad couldn't be there so it was me Mudassir, and Vineet on top of a hill we sat there with Kurkure, Lays, and Pepsi we chatted about things, listened to music and talked a little more, we were there till nine, then the others went home and i went to the station to pick Mini up she came down from Delhi for new years, we bought a bottle of Mr. Smirnoff's finest, Orange twist to be exact, a Big bottle of more Pepsi and a bunch of movies. we got Casablanca, Pretty Woman, Die Hard, Lilo And Stitch, A Walk In the Clouds, Titan AE, and Schindler's List and A Street Car Named Desire, Me and Mini Dragged the couch to the Dining room popped the Movies into the DVD player and got Cosy in a blanket, opened the bottle and talked talked about a lot of things the movies, past girl friends, boyfriends, and the future.
Well again i don't know much and im not into partying much I'm not with my really close friends oh and this new years i spent in an hotel lobby wearing my Favorite Tommy jacket and reading a book in Bangalore, and it was fun too i missed my friends and most of them were alone too spread as we are through out the country. I missed mom, dad, and all my friends. but life just seems to be getting better, there's a long way to go, hey but as a friend recently reminded me "A journey of a thousand miles Begins with But one step"i believe i've just started running again. So here's to another year and Cheers to every thing that makes life worth living.




3 comments:

--xh-- said...

"it was good because i realized no matter how bad things were good friends will always be around to help u out," tahzt a great one, shanu :-D may be - if we r both here @ b'lore for next new eyar - we can have a bash.. :-D

SMRITI said...

Well, life is so complicated and yet so simple altogether isn't it?? And through all the ups and downs, good and bad times, we remember all the times spent with friends like yesterday...and moments like these, really make you wanna go back in time and reflect..

Good that I had a small part to play in reminiscing your memory... :)

ReviewKaka said...

phew!! man o man .. what an evening that turned out to be !! u know back in college me and jassi alwaz remember that eve every newyears .. :) it was indeeed a great time ..