Review Hamilton part 1

The 2007 formula one season began very much like any other. The teams had done their pre-season showing off of their new cars and announced their new driver lineup, however one team stood out. McLaren Mercedes announced their number two driver was a young Englishman by the name of Lewis Hamilton. Few people had heard of him until now and fewer expected what was to come.


Australia


The first race of the season and Lewis Hamilton qualifies 4th on in debut grand prix. Finishing only three tenths of a second behind team mate and reigning world champion Fernando Alonso he expressed his delight:


"I'm overwhelmed to be on the second row for my first Grand Prix," said Hamilton. "This weekend is what I have been preparing myself for during the past 13 years and I'm enjoying every moment. I think we are in with a good chance in the race."


The relationship between the two McLaren drivers began on a high note with Alonso quoted as saying "I'm pleased that Lewis is right up there with me which puts us both in the best position to score points for ourselves and the team, I can't wait for the race."


Living up to the massive hype surround Lewis Hamilton's entry into Formula one he managed to pull off a podium finish in his first race, finishing third behind Ferrari's Kimi Raikonnen and team mate Alonso.


Malaysia


Having qualified fourth on the grid Lewis finished in a respectable second place, managing to keep the Ferraris at bay and help team mate Alonso secure a race win and also completing McLarens first one-two since the Brazilian GP in 2005.


"That was the most difficult race I have ever had...I had Kimi hunting me down for most of the race. I can't explain how tough that was, it was getting hotter but I had to keep pushing and I made no mistakes."


Bahrain


LH qualified second between the two Ferraris with Alonso starting from fourth place. Hamilton pressured Massa for most of the race and eventually finished in second place to become the first man to take podiums in his first three grand prix.


Spain


Another second place in Spain mean't Lewis Hamilton was now leading the championship, just four races into his F1 career. He managed to keep team mate Alonso behind him to go two points clear in the title chase. Lewis was quoted as saying "Things just keep getting better and I continue living my dream" while things are not going so well for the reigning champion as the chance of winning his home GP disappeared as he tried to overtake Massa in the first corner, damaging his car.


Monaco


Things start to go right for Alonso as he manages to beat team mate and win the Monaco GP for the second year in a row. Hamilton settles for second place, saying "I knew we were both extremely quick, so I could only apply pressure, but he's a two-time world champion and he doesn't really make mistakes".


Canada


Lewis dominated qualifying and took his first pole position. In only his sixth race Hamilton drives his way to his first GP win after a race full of drama and incidents. Confidently Hamilton says "I've been ready for this for quite some time, ready for the win - it was just a matter of where and when". Meanwhile things weren't going so well for Alonso, finishing only 7th USA.


1 comments:

--xh-- said...

man, thatz a neat review.. he hv got oodiles of talent... hope he will burn some serious rubbernext year.. but still, i love to see kimi-massa-ferrari win teh championship :-)